Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Just Another Day

I keep wondering what I should write about.  To me my life seems almost boring these days.  I mean I am a student and a friend.  I help out where I can at church and I am a leader at my small group.  All pretty normal things.  But I was reminded by a friend that the main hung I need to remember is that I am doing all of this in a new country and quite a bit of it is in a different language and culture that I am just starting to learn.

So I will do my best to share what I am up to. 

Last week I had my Book 2 (Talking Thai) Exam.  It was a stressful experience because only if I passed this exam could I go on to learn the Thai alphabet and story telling segment.  For the week and a half leading up to the exam I was averaging about 10 - 11 hours of studying a day.  Yet it all worked out because on Wednesday, February 5th, I passed my Exam.  It was two hours long and very intense but I passed.  I have started on the alphabet.
                               
Thursday required an entire post to talk about, as does my adventure on Tuesday, Feb. 12th.  So I will share those in the next post.  I am still studying hard and my homework load has increased.  

We have also started storytelling which is fun but definitely not easy.  We work with wordless picture books and create the story that goes along with it.  We ask about words we don't know and how to best phrase things.  I presented my first full story in Thai yesterday.  I got a B.  I wish I had done better but I will work on that for the next story.  

                    

My teacher is really good but when I asked him to push me to be as good as I could, I was not expecting him to be so intense.  It is good though.  I have a goal to work toward and it is good to keep the focus.  

Now, just because I am me... There needs to be some color in this post so here is a cool photo from the Sunday Walking Street Market where they were also celebrating the Flower Parade weekend on Sunday.
                            


Talk soon!

1 comment: