Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Home is where the Cat is!

It has been a while since I last updated.  A lot had been going on and it is often hard to think of time to write.  I will get better.

So I said that I would introduce where I live.  I will also give you an update as to what I have been doing lately.

One of the first things that I had to do when I arrived in Chiang Mai was to find a place to live.  I looked at 2 houses and God really directed me to take the larger of the two.  I am not entirely sure why that is but I know that God has a plan and I am trusting him.

My house has only ever been lived in by missionaries so that is nice.  You can often tell how long it has been since someone was in Chiang Mai by who they remember living in the house.  I wonder how long it will take before it is known as Jen's House?  It is also known as the: pink house, hot house or (if you are my present housemate) the Crazy House. :-)

My Front Gate
There is a dip in the road outside my gate so it often floods.  However, my house is basically flood proof.  There is a about a 1 to 1.5 meter incline that the water would have to raise before it could even get in the front of the house. 

I live very close to the Mekong Centre where I am based out of.  It is very nice to be so close to where I study.  I also am only about a 6 - 10 minute bike ride to my school (depending on how long it takes to cross the main street).  It is very convenient.  I have started to meet some of my neighbours as well. 

In another post I will show you some of the great places I have found in my neighbourhood to eat.  There is really great food here. 

I live presently with my cat, Mimi.  She really does own the place and I am just there to take care of her every need.  She is a very effectionate and loving cat.  She is playful to the point that I can't let her in my room when I want to sleep because she is trying to play when I am trying to sleep.
A very rare calm moment.



I go to school at The Manna Thai Language School but I study at the Mekong Centre Language Desk.
Very studious, can't you tell.
Please see the attached video for a tour of my new home. My Thai House  

I look forward to hearing from you.


2 comments:

  1. You have done a great job with your blog, Jen. I'll be enjoying reading it regularly and knowing what to pray for. HUGE HUGS from too far away. BLESSINGS (with 10,000 besides)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God may want you to minster in your new home, that may be a reason why you were lead to the BIGGER of the two houses! :) It seems like you are enjoying yourself, kind of like a study abroad. But I can understand your sense and feel of loneliness as it does come when you are not in a place of where you feel completely at home. In time, God will take that lonely feeling away and give you a sense of peace and joy, especially since this is where He has lead you to be. Keep your head up and I trust all else will fall right into place!

    Love,

    Reba

    ReplyDelete