Friday, April 12, 2013

A Week of Meetings and Fellowship


The past 3.5 months have not been the easiest or the most restful.  My schedule has been busy and getting busier.  I realize I have not written for a while but Serve Asia is getting really busy.  I am in a conference for the week.  This is the Home Staff Mobilization Conference.   A time for regional mobilizers from across Canada to join together with those of us on the Home Staff, working in Mississauga, a time of fellowship, growth and sharing.  I am not a huge fan of meetings but it has been nice to see people that I only e-mail with.  The meetings are not that much fun, but the conversations have been amazing.  This week has been one of facing the changes that are coming on all of us at the office, as well as facing the changes that are coming for me and my department.  It is beginning to look like I may actually be able to leave for Asia on schedule.  That thought along is terrifying. 

God often uses songs to really speak to me in times when I have gotten so busy I have trouble stopping long enough to listen.  Songs are what God uses to touch my heart many times.  This week a couple of songs really spoke to me.  I want to share them with you all.

Be Exalted, O God by: Brent Chambers

I will give thanks to thee, O Lord, among the people.
I will sing praises to thee, Among the nations
For thy steadfast love is great, Is great to the heavens.

And thy faithfulness,
Thy faithfulness to the clouds. 
Be exalted, O God, Above the heavens. 
Let thy glory be over all the earth, 
Be exalted, O God, Above the heavens          
Let thy glory be over all the earth.

I have also been extremely tired lately, and then a song was brought to my mind.  It can sometimes be hard to fully trust God when we are tired, yet, the more tired we are, the more we need to rely on His strength.

The Steadfast Love Of The Lord by Edith McNeill

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases                    
His mercies never come to an end      
They are new ev’ry morning                                                 
New ev’ry morning

Great is they faithfulness, O Lord                            
Great is they faithfulness!                       
May God grant each of you and myself His mercies this day.

I challenge each of you to allow yourself to be renewed each day, in God’s perfect wisdom and love.   How is God speaking to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment